Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
163 Doctors are Online

Having dent on leg after falling from stairs. Should I go see a doctor?

Feb 2014
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 5930 Questions
i have a dent on my leg after i fell down the stairs and it still bruised. I can walk normally but still hurts a bit when i touch it and there is some kind of muscle pain on my bruised leg.
Is this dent harmless? Should i go see a doctor? Will the dent be healed?
Posted Sun, 2 Jun 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 34 minutes later
Thanks for posting your query.

Dent over your leg might formed due to injury to soft tissue overlying the bone. As you can walk normally, it doesn't looks like any bony injury.
Do not worry, this dent will heal as the soft tissue injury heals.
I suggest you to get it evaluated by your doctor if the swelling increases or it becomes more painful to touch.

Hope this will helps you. Let me know if you have any more concern.

Wishing you speedy recovery

Dr Saurabh XXXXXXX
Orthopaedic Surgeon.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor