Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Having dark circles around eyes. Medications?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2010
Answered : 6248 Questions
Hi, i have big 'tear drop' dark circles around my eyes. 1-1.5 years back i got an iron test done (Serum Ferrentine and iron count) during a hair loss treatment and the count was very low. I took iron suppliments (oral for some time and 6-7 injections) but left it mid way. Need to get this checked and start medication again. Please recommend which tests should i get done. Also, if there is some medication to treat these dark circles externally.
Posted Sun, 9 Jun 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 34 minutes later
Thanks for the query.
You need to get the following tests done.
1. Serum Iron
2. serum Ferritin
3. Total Iron binding capacity (TIBC)

Also get Hemoglobin levels tested.

Dark circles are very resistant, you can use Melaglow cream twice daily for 2 months.
Definitely you will get some relief.

Thank you
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor