Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Having cuts and bleeding while trying for intercourse. Looking for suggestion

May 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 4909 Questions
i have been celibate for two years and now i have a boyfriend but i am very sore when he tries to penetrate. we are totally failing to have sex because i bleed - have small cuts around the mouth of the vagina. i am so sore and cannot allow penetration. your assistance will be greatly appreciated.
Posted Tue, 7 Aug 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 36 minutes later
Thanks for the query.

the possible causes for your problem are,

-with advancing age estrogen decreases leading to,
dryness in vagina which can lead to pain and difficulty during intercourse,
your cuts over vagina may also be because of estrogen deficiency,
that can also cause bleeding as friction during intercourse can damage underlying blood vessels,

-cervical dysplasia and polyps etc things can bleed during intercourse and also can prevent penetration,

-diabetes can affect general immunity and vaginal infection can be seen because of this, that can also lead to pain and bleeding during intercourse,

so you better once consult gynecologist and undergo checkup, if no other abnormality detected except estrogen deficiency with doctor's advice you can go for topical estrogen cream and also water based lubricant and analgesic jelly if needed.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.
Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor