Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Having cough. Not cured by medicine. Started hair fall, body pain and red spots on palms. What is this?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1994
Answered : 10447 Questions
i have been having a bad cough for weeks now, no medication seems to help. at the same time i have noticed increased hair fall, body ache and not round red/brown spots on the palms of my hand. what could this be ?
Posted Sat, 27 Oct 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 5 hours later
Thanks for posting your query.
A persistent cough for weeks indicates an infection. Such persistent infections are often associated with generalized symptoms like hair fall, body aches and mild rashes.
There are various reason for cough for long time. Some of the common ones are:
1. Tuberculosis-most common.
2. Allergic bronchitis.
3. Asthma or related problem.
4. Acid peptic disease.
Kindly get yourself examined by a chest Physician so that he/she may examine you and run a battery of tests if necessary like,
1.) Chest X-ray.
2.) Lung Function Tests.
3.) Sputum Culture.
4.) Blood Work
The treatment will then depend on the cause.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Having cough. Not cured by medicine. Started hair fall, body pain and red spots on palms. What is this? 30 minutes later
can you recommend a good doctor ? i live in south delhi preferably someone in hauz khas or lajpat nagar ?
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 44 minutes later
Thanks for writing again.
To find a good Pulmonologist nearest to your place, we have patient written reviews for doctors in our listing, those can guide you for a better doctor. You can search for a doctor in your area at
OR One of our customer care executives will assist you further in finding a good
doctor. (Please send mail to CRM team, YYYY@YYYY )
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor