Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

Having constant pain under ribcage. Have kidney stones and developed UTI. What do you think?

Apr 2014
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 6486 Questions
Hi Dr I Have been having constant pain under and below my r ribcage It seems to catch causing sharp pain. I have kidney stones. I have developed a UTI also BUT the pain is terrible and my DR says it is Muscoskeletal and wont give me pain relief. What do you think? Regards XXXX
I recently had bloods done and my Fasting glucose is very high and my cholesterol has gone over normal level. This is sudden as I have always been very healthy. My Blood pressure is 159/75 This also is high for me as I I have low blood pressure 110/60
Posted Mon, 11 Nov 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You need proper evaluation.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX

You are 63 years old and your symptoms need proper evaluation.
You need proper clinical examination and investigations.

You need routine hemogram,LFT,RFT,Lipid profile,Blood sugar (Fasting and PP), sugar level in urine,Urine RE/ME,Ultrasound of abdomen,ECG in all leads,Upper GI endoscopy.
You didn't mentioned other parameters of lipid profile like Triglycerides,LDL ,HDL level.You also didn't mentioned PP level of blood sugar.So,i have suggested above investigations.

You should seek opinion form urologist regarding kidney stones.
Your problem may be due to cardiac,respiratory,gastrointestinal,genitourinary or musculoskeletal causes.It should be ascertained by clinical examination and investigation reports.

As your systolic level of B.P is increased ,Hypertension should be confirmed by confirming it at multiple times and if it is increased ,medicine should be prescribed.

You have mentioned about increased fasting blood sugar,so detail workup of diabetes mellitus should be done and medicines should be prescribed.

There are treatment available according to cause.If it is due to musculoskeletal causes then definitely medicine should be given.

Hope i have answered your query.
Get well soon.
Further queries are most welcome.

Take Care
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor