Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Having constant pain in the back. Noticed dark urine. What to do?

User rating for this question
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 339 Questions
I have an ache/pain on the right hand side of my back that is waist high. It is constant, and I also think my urine has darkened.
Posted Fri, 14 Jun 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Maruti Karale 2 hours later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
As from your history of having renal stone 2 year back and having right side loin pain with dark color urine, The mostly like cause is recurrence of renal stone which is very common, it presents with loin pain and hematuria which gives dark color to urine. As you also have history of colon resection 20 year back I want you to mention the reason or it.
For now you can go through simple tests like urine analysis and ultrasound of abdomen and pelvis and consult an urologist for further help. Till then antispasmodics like dicyclomine will help relieve pain and take plenty of oral fluids.
Hope this will answer your query.
Thank you
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor