Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Having clusters of painful warts on palm. Prescribe medications?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1982
Answered : 3003 Questions
I am a married lady . There are clusters of wart like structures on my right palm since 1 year. It is also painful. kindly prescribe me some medications, sir kindly let me know if it is a Sexually transmitted disease or not.
Posted Tue, 11 Jun 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Ilyas Patel 22 minutes later
Thanks for your query.

I have gone through photographs.

After seeing the pictures, it seems that you may be having verruca vulgaris on palm.

You are having the lesions since 1 year.
Still, I would like to ask few questions.
Are you working woman? If yes, what type of work you do?
Is it there in nearby family members?
Did you consult any doctor?
Did you go for blood investigation?
Do you have any XXXXXXX disease? DM, HIV,Anaemia,TB, any other immunocompromised condition?
Did you take any medicine or apply any cream?
Please, answer the above questions, so that I can come to a specific conclusion.


Dr.Ilyas Patel MD
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Having clusters of painful warts on palm. Prescribe medications? 31 minutes later
Am a married woman but due to some problems, i am staying separately from my husband since March 2010. And now am working since 1 year as a junior assistant in a govt. sector. Ya my mother had the same problem on her right palm also, but she took homoeopathic medicines and got it cured completely. i have consulted other doctors. They also diagnosed the disease as verruca vulgaris. I have never gone for any blood investigations for this problem, if any test is required, then doctor kindly let me know me please. I dont have any XXXXXXX disease. I had taken medicines like Dicaris, and applied Podowart, and Kerasol. But all invain.
Answered by Dr. Ilyas Patel 26 minutes later
Hi, thank you for reply.
You gave family history of verruca vulgaris.
I think you probably have the same disease.
But, I would like to have some blood reports.
So, go for laboratory tests such as complete blood count and HIV and Random Blood sugar.

Let me know the reports of the tests, before my conclusion.


Dr. Ilyas Patel MD

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor