Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

Having chronic suprapubic pain. Feeling bloating and pain in abdomen. Should I go for laparoscopy?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1962
Answered : 693 Questions
I have chronic supra pubic pelvic pain for 15 months. Countless tests and no diagnosis. It is worst when sitting. Accompanied by gastrointestinal distress. Bloating and pain in abdomen my L6 is rubbing the sacrum on the right side. I've had and SI injection. Transverse alar as well as numerous nerve injections. Do you recommend a laparoscopy ? After this many months in pain I also have PFD symptoms and am worried about scar tissue .
Posted Wed, 29 Aug 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Charles S Narasi 14 hours later
Hello, XXXXXX,
I am sorry to hear that you have been suffering with this for over a year.
You mention that you have undergone a lot of tests. I am assuming that
you have had blood tests as well along with sonogram and CT_scan of
the abdomen and pelvis. You mention bloating and abdominal pain.
Has there been a change in your bowel habits ? Either constipation or
diarrhea ? Have you been losing weight ? The spinal problem seems to
be a separate issue. I also assume that you have had a good check up
of your urinary bladder by a urologist .I am sure your gynecologist has
given you a thorough check up as well.
If all of these have been addressed , laporoscopic examination may be
helpful. If you have had prior pelvic or abdominal surgeries , adhesions
(Scar tissue) could be giving you problems.
Hope I have given enough for you to discuss with your doctor.
Wish you well.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor