Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

160 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Having chest pain, 24 hour holter showed triplet of pac's and 1 short 3 beat run of SVT. Suggest

Answered by
Dr. Benard Shehu


Practicing since :2004

Answered : 2254 Questions

Posted on Mon, 9 Dec 2013 in Heart Rate and Rhythm Disorders
Question: hi for the last couple of years I have had a resting heart rate that went from 84 to now about 92-110. I also have had episodes that my heart rate would go up to 165 caught on a heart monitor in sinus tach. The 24 hour holter showed triplet of pac's and 1 short 3 beat run of SVT? my echo 2 D was normal. I am scared because I feel a chest pain/thump and then it goes up. Also my anxiety is rising. Please help
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 59 minutes later
Brief Answer: Please follow the suggestion below... Detailed Answer: Hi, I have read your medical data and could say not to worry too much. The results of the 24 hour Holter show supra-ventricular arrythmia, which is normal for the majority of healthy people. The chest pain you are feeling is due to anxiety. As long as the cardiac tests resulted normal, no need for anxiety. To put you at rest, you can do the stress test ECG, however, I am pretty sure, it will come out normal too. The very first thing to do is to calm down. Increased heart rates are normal when being anxious or working or doing a physical activity or being emotionally involved. Certain changes in heart rate are normal for people at your age, and due to hormonal changes too. You should follow a heart-healthy diet and lifestyle, do a follow-up after 6 months. If the tachycardia becomes frequent and you get more anxious, then, discuss with your cardiologist to start any drug (beta-blocker). Hope it answered to your concerns! If you have more questions, do not hesitate to contact me again. I'd be happy to assist you further! Dr.Benard
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,   ,   ,   ,  
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

Recent questions on  Tachycardia

doctor1 MD

hi, i am still having heart papiltations since last Thurday. I was diagnosed with tachycardia in March. What can i do? i tried drinking some baking soda and water a few minutes ago, but I read that baking soda can be dangerous, so I didn't drink all of it. This (heart palp.) is a bit scary for me. I am only 21. I have been drinking a lot of water though. I also took some apple cider approx 3 times today and yesterday. I had alot of dirrhea yesterday (mainly last night). I have been having a bunch of gas trapped inside of me too. I think it's a digestion (indigestion) and dehydration problem. Please help me.

doctor1 MD

Hello! I have had a really strong sulphur smell to my urine for atleast the last 6 months, my doctor has had me on antibiotics twice and the smell continued. i drink plenty of water and do not eat asparagus... i also have been extremely fatigued and have unexplained tachycardia... what is wrong with me?

doctor1 MD

Today was my 4th episode, in one year, of sudden blurred vision, tachycardia, ans sweaty palms. This time the vision was only blurred in my right eye. I breath deep and try to remain calm and it usually goes away in a minute or so. Once one eye actually went partially dark. Now an hour later I am still tachy, BP is 140/98 and I just feel icky....

doctor1 MD

Hello there, About 5 weeks ago, I had an ablation for atrial tachycardia - it seemed to go well and i have had no actual tachycardia. However, before my ablation, I occasionally had sensations that made me feel as though my heart had stopped for a few seconds - very scary - I still get these now - what could this be? Could I have had Atrial Tacycardia and something more sinister at the same time ? Malissa White

doctor1 MD

heart rate increase and heavy aches arms and shoulders, sore neck no sleeping at night - Medications for chronic back pain: targin, osteo, panadol when necessary

doctor1 MD

Hello, I was put on Trivastal Retard 50 mg once a day to counteract libido problems since i am also prescribed zoloft for my anxiety . It is already 14 days I am taking Travistal, I noticed an improvement but it is not consistent. My doctor also...

doctor1 MD

I am a 53 year old female. I am a non smoker, weigh 124lbs and have a history of SVT and skipped beats, also have MVP and have been taking Tenormin for the SVT since about age 22. I have my heart skip beats all the time, but at times it is worse...