Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Having burning sensation in throat and mouth. Diagnosed with GERD. Chest pains and right eye twitching. Should I be worried?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 2366 Questions
I'm a 44 year old woman that's been having a burning sensation in my throat and mouth for several months now. My doctor prescribed me a lot of different meds for this but none of them really didn't help. However, ER doctor diagonosed me of having GERD...Also have symptoms of nausea occasionally also feeling fatigue and been having chest pains on my left side, this just happened a couple of days ago, and my right eye has been twitching for awhile now as well. I am really really worried of what this could be.
Posted Mon, 28 Oct 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Your doctor is right.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Madam,

Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX

Well looking into your problem I would sugeest you that your ER doctor is right in diagnosis of GERD . It can lead to nausea , chest pain and heart burn .

I will suggest you to get an Upper GI Endoscopy done so that exact diagnosis can be made . You should avoid fatty and spicy food . Avoid lying down after having meals . Atleast stay upright till 1 hour after having food .

Plus I will advise you to have Tab Pantaprazole 40 mg once a day before meals and domperidone after due consultation with your treating doctor . Twitching of right eye is non specific .

Take care.

Dr. Shruti
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor