Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Having bump between thigh and testicles. Painful to touch. Looking for treatment?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1979
Answered : 624 Questions
I have something like a pimple or bump in between my thigh & my testacles [sack]. Its not huge or anything & it only pains if I touch it.

Posted Tue, 7 Aug 2012 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 42 minutes later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

Common causes of pimple/bump between thigh and scrotum are boil, folliculitis and infected sebaceous gland etc.

If abscess is not formed, you will require a course of antibiotic and a local ointment like Ensamycin. If abscess is formed, it will require cleaning/incision in addition to antibiotics.

Examination is required for diagnosis.

Thus you should consult a Skin Specialist/General Surgeon, so that diagnosis can be made and you can get prescription for treatment.

Meanwhile you can apply, Soframycin/Ensamycin twice daily.

If you have further query in this regard, please feel free to ask.

With good wishes,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a General Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor