Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
124 Doctors are Online

Having breast tenderness, body pain and stress. Prescribed CoQ Forte and maxozoa. Planning for baby. Suggestions?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Infertility Specialist
Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 673 Questions
For last 3 years we are trying to have baby but not succesful. As per seminal profile report 25.03.2013, my sperm count is 45milions/ml , grey opalascent, volume: 1ml; fructose test: positive; motility 54 %,[rapid progressive 04%, slow progressive 45%, no-progessive : 05%, immotile : 46%, vitality: 56%] , pH : 8.0 , self liquification time : 15 minutes, viscosity : normal, sperm morphology{ normal sperm : 6%, head defect: 54%, neck defect: 42%; tail defect: 78% , cyto. droplet defect: 03%} agglutination: -ve; aggregation : -ve; ROS activity : suspicious, sperm deformity index : 1.66 ; PIN head sperm: not significant ; round cell : 0.5 milions/ml , miscellaneous : debris present. My SEROLOGICAL TEST ( RAPID SCREENING ) : RETRO-VIRUS : NON-REACTIVE; _________My wife's test reports are :RBS: 108mg/dl; PROLACTIN : 20.7 ; TSH : 1.51 ....WIFE'S ULTRASONOGRAPHY TEST REPORT SEEMS NORMAL AS PER DOCTOR. Doctor advised me to take CoQ Forte and maxozoa for two months, I took it but still we are not able to produce child. sHE TOOK ONE INJECTION ON 11TH DAY OF HER MENSTRUATION PERIOD. After that she had some sysmptomps( we guess) of pregnancy like breast tenderness, body pain, no abdominal pain, but there was some stress and 70km bus journey. Periods again occurred. we tried again but no result this time also. Please let us where is the problem and how to move further to have child?
Posted Wed, 19 Jun 2013 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Dattaprasad 8 hours later

Thanks for the query.

Your semen analysis & blood reports appear fine. Also your wife's blood tests are normal. For detailed advice regarding further fertility treatment, I will need the following information:
1. Your wife's age
2. Wife's menstrual history (whether periods are regular or not & whether it comes after every 28-32 days)
3. Whether wife's tubes are checked by any test such as hysterosalpingogram. If yes, are they open.

Awaiting reply...

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Having breast tenderness, body pain and stress. Prescribed CoQ Forte and maxozoa. Planning for baby. Suggestions? 13 hours later
Dear sir,
Thanks for reply.
1. my wife's age is 28years 6months.
2 Period for my wife occurs in between 29-33 days and it is regular. Once it was on 35 days . Last month she saw some spot but no period at all without any indication of period as she get some little abdominal pain before mense and can tell that ok , this time there will b period; but after 4 days period again occured, it was frustating.
3. As such there is no hysterosalpingogram test done, but TVS ( 11THDAY OF CYCLE on 07.04.2013) was done . Report is like this:

uterus is normal in size and echo texture. UT: 6.3X3.5X3.8mm ; uterine cavity is empty. Midline endo echo is 10mm. Endometrial myometrial interface is intact. Cervix is normal. Uterus is anteverted. Both ovaries are normal in size and echo in texture. DOMINANT follicle/matured follicle is seen in the left ovary, it measures 17x 17 mm. RO: 39x20mm; LO: 37x12mm. no collection is seen in the cul-de-sac. INF:-UT Endometrium , 10mm.

Please suggest what we have to do. Thanking you, With regards
Answered by Dr. Dattaprasad 3 hours later

Thanks for the reply.

After reviewing the information given by you, following are some suggestions for further treatment.

1. Your wife's tubal patency test like hysterosalpingography (HSG) is needed before proceeding for further treatment. In HSG a XXXXXXX is injected through mouth of uterus & its course through tubes is followed by taking X rays to check whether tubes are open or not. Its generally done within first 9 days of periods.

2. If tubes are confirmed to be open, further treatment would be superovulation with IUI (intrauterine insemination).
Superovulation means giving medicines to make more than one egg per cycle.

In IUI your semen is processed in laboratory & healthy sperms are injected directly in wife's uterus.
It normally requires 4-6 visits per month to the hospital & gives pregnancy chance of 15-20 per cycle. (Without treatment chance of pregnancy after 3 years is 2-4% per cycle.

Hope this answers your query.

Let me know if you have other concerns. If not, you can close the discussion & rate the answer.
Wish you good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Having breast tenderness, body pain and stress. Prescribed CoQ Forte and maxozoa. Planning for baby. Suggestions? 8 hours later
Dear Sir ,

Thanks for the for the reply. I have some more queries.

1. In this regard, I woud like to know what will be the tentative cost of treatment of HSG, superovulaion with IUI etc.

2. What are the chances of preganancy of my wife in this regard? i.e. Can we have baby ? Neither in our family nor in my wifes family there is problem of infertility . Sir, are we suffering infertility problem?

3. If treatment like HSG, superovulaion with IUI are not succesful , then what will be the next treatment for conceiving baby.


Answered by Dr. Dattaprasad 9 hours later
Thanks for the reply.
1. The cost of procedure varies with each hospital.
Cost of HSG is between Rs1000 to 4000. The cost of one cycle of IUI depends on the medicines used for superovulation. IUI done with tablets can cost from Rs5000 to 0000. IUI done with injections can cost between Rs0000 to 0000.
2. Inability to conceive after 12 months of unprotected sex is called as infertility. You have good chance of pregnancy with proper treatment as your wife's age is less than 30 years & also duration of infertility is short.
3. If you don't conceive with 4 cycles of superovulation with IUI, you can still have child through advanced treatment like IVF(Test tube baby).

I hope this answers your query.
Let me know if you have other concerns.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Infertility Spclst

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor