Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Having bony pea sized lump to the upper side of Adams apple. What to do?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 1579 Questions
I have a bony pea sized lump to the upper right side of my XXXXXXX XXXXXXX bout a half inch up if that feels like its on the trachea idk if its always been there or what
Posted Sun, 28 Oct 2012 in Lymphoma
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 3 hours later
Thanks for posting your query.

From your symptoms I would like to rule out the possibility of a thyropglossal cyst. It presents as a midline neck lump (in the region of the hyoid bone) that is usually painless and smooth. The mass on the neck moves during swallowing or on protrusion of the tongue.

The other causes are a swollen lymph node, thymic or thyroid swelling or a small benign or malignant growth. You need to get it examined from a surgeon. Ultrasonography, thyroid scanning or CT scanning may be helpful. Treatment is dependent on the diagnosis.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Wishing you good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Oncologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor