Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Having blood blister under left side of chest. Noticed one on thigh. Looks dark reddish black color. Suggestions?

User rating for this question
Answered by

Practicing since : 1982
Answered : 3003 Questions
About a month ago I had what looked like a blood blister under the left side of my chest. It popped..dark blood came out..filled up again..popped and didn't fill up again. Now I noticed another tiny one on my left thigh. Same dark reddish black color. Any suggestions?
Posted Tue, 24 Sep 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Ilyas Patel 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It seems that you are having haemorrhagic bulla.

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to XXXXXXX

You are having bulla filled with blood at present on lower extremity..left thigh.

A month ago you had the same lesion on chest, which is now healed with scar.

This mostly likely is haemorrhagic bulla.

There may be some cause in your case but we need to find out that.

To help you further I would like to ask you a few questions, please write back to me with the answers.

Do you have any XXXXXXX disease like Diabetes, HIV, blood diseases or any other?

Do you have any other skin disease ?

Past history of any systemic or skin disease?

Do you have any habit of tobacco, smoking or alcohol intake?

Is there family history of any disease?

Do you take any medicine?

And also please attach a photograph of affected area ( one close-up would be great with one a little longer shot).

Awaiting your response.

Warm regards,

Dr. Ilyas Patel MD

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Having blood blister under left side of chest. Noticed one on thigh. Looks dark reddish black color. Suggestions? 47 minutes later
I have no known XXXXXXX disease nor any other skin diseases..I very rarely drink and quit smoking 6 months ago. I smoke marijuana on occasion. also I have been having dull pain under right chest area but had xray, ultra sound, ct scan, ekg, and blood work done for that and everything has came back normal.

pics for dr. XXXXXXX from original question...first three are from new one and last pic is scar from first one
Answered by Dr. Ilyas Patel 13 hours later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

Welcome back.

And thanks for posting photographs.

Now take a deep breath and be cool.

Avoid all worries related to your skin problem.


It is a benign condition...characterised by vascular malformation in papillary dermis.

It may be kept untreated... Never squeez or rupture the lesion.

If it is embarassing , simple removal of lesion may be done.

Surgical excision ,cryotherapy ,electrocautery or laser ablation may be done under local anaesthesia by expert. And these are OPD procedures.

There is no medical treatment. And it may not be prevented. There is actually no cause. Minor trauma might be responsible. There are two types.. Congenital and aquired. In your case , it is aquired type of ANGIOKERATOMA CIRCUMCRIPTUM .

Sometime it is confused with malignant melanoma. Biopsy may be done to rule out MM..

Ok.. I hope that you might be satisfied with my answer. Consult nearby dermatologist , discuss for mode of treatment and then go ahead.

If there is query , you may ask...

Wishing you early recovery.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor