Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Having blisters in the area where insect was bitten. Keeping the wound clean and using peroxide. Treatment?

User rating for this question
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 567 Questions
A bite that secretes a orange colored liquid. Blisters the area the liquid touches. The area is about a quarter size and red.
My boyfriend is the one that was bitten, he has been keeping wound clean and using peroxcide
Posted Wed, 21 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Jay Patel 1 hour later

I am dr XXXXXXX and I will try my level best to address your needs.

I need some more information in order to understand what is going on.

In the last statement you said he was bitten by "whom" ? was is a human bite or an animal bite (which animal) ?

Please help me to understand the process.

I will certainly help you but please fill in above mentioned details.

Thanks for the query.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Having blisters in the area where insect was bitten. Keeping the wound clean and using peroxide. Treatment? 3 minutes later
It was an insect bite
Answered by Dr. Jay Patel 32 minutes later

It seem likely a spider bite and here is how you can deal with at home and if not want to deal with you may consult nearby physician.

1) clean the area around the blister, preferably with iodine, alcohol or another solution with the ability to kill germs.

2) buy as sterile needle from market / diabetic testint lenset needle will be ok.

3) Pop the blister with the needle and push gently on the blister (with clean gauze) to drain the liquid inside.

This step should ease the discomfort.

4) Apply salves or ointments (antibiotic) that protect against infection.

Keep it open and let it breath air it will make it heal faster.

Note- Less likely to occur still.

In case of it getting red / warm/ fever to feel its sign of infection and may need to consult near by physician, as it may need an oral antibiotics

Thanks for fast reply. As usual feel free to contact me in case of any other concern.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor