Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
126 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Having blister filled with pus and blood near penis area. What is the remedy?

Jul 2016
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1971
Answered : 9620 Questions
From time to time, I would develop an inch on the inside of (1) thigh next to my penis. Recently, it started to swell and I begame to squeeze it until a painful blister developed. Once I began squeezing the blister, blood along with puss would come out. However, the swelling began developing downward towards my buttocks. Today after squeezing the blister in the men's bathroom, I returned to my office. Then I detected a foul smell, went back to the restroom and my underware was saturated with puss and blood. Can you help me figure out what's wrong?
Posted Thu, 19 Dec 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer: It could be What is called as Boil. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have a staphylococcal infection of the hair follicle on inner side of thigh, This area is potentially prone for getting staphylococcal infection of the hair follicle which are in enormous numbers. Please consult qualified Urologist or general surgeon foe clinical evaluation and get following basic tests done to confirm the diagnosis. 1) Routine urine test 2)Blood sugar to rule out Diabetes. 3) Culture and sensitivity of the pus to find out organisms causing infection and antibiotics to which they are sensitive to. Please take broad spectrum antibiotics like Cefotaxime along with anti inflammatory medication like Diclofenac twice daily and later on switch on to appropriate antibiotics as per culture report. Please clean the entire area with microbial solution like Betadine and dress it properly . I should heal up within a week. Hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me I shall be happy to help you . Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor