Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
171 Doctors are Online

Having bladder infection and pain in kidney. Done with CT scan. Feeling sick. Will it be bladder cancer?

Jul 2016
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1971
Answered : 9584 Questions
I have bladder infection and I am starting my fourth round medication.I have burning before I go to the washroom and
sometimes after I go.I have pains in the kidneys at times sometimes I feel sick also. I seem to empty my bladder
better for the pas few days up until last few days I feel I wasn't emptying my bladder.comptely.I had a CT scan at
the hospital lask week and they found a thicking on opeing of my bladder.My doctor is sending me for a CT scan
where XXXXXXX is injected.I am concerned about bladder cancer.I was told you have wny hve burning with bladder
cancer is that true? I hope you can help me. Thankyou
Posted Mon, 2 Sep 2013 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
Chronic UTI or Squamous metaplasia. Cystoscopy advised.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your query.
You have burning before urination and have been taking medication for the same .

You have undergone CT scan which revealed thickening of the bladder near urethral opening and your Dr has asked for CT scan with contrast study suspecting your symptoms could be due to cancer of the bladder.

It is rather difficult to make any comments without complete CT scan report.Please post me complete report to help me to make comments on your problem.

Normally hematuria ( Passing Blood in urine) is the first presenting symptoms of cancer of the bladder . What you have is irritative symptoms of bladder which could be due to long standing chronic UTI or Squamous metaplasia of the bladder.( Pseudo membranous Trigonitis)

However it will be better if you get investigated thoroughly so that you can be rest assured about the cancer of the bladder,
You need to undergo Cystoscopic evaluation of bladder to rule out cancer of the bladder or any other reason for your irritative bladder symptoms.
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me I shall be happy to help you
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Nephrologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor