Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

Having big ear lobes. Suggest procedure to get them stitched?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 2836 Questions
My mom's ear lobes have become big. I was thinking if we can get them stitched. For that I want to know the procedure as well as the amount which I would spend.
Posted Fri, 14 Jun 2013 in Beauty
Answered by Dr. Gaurav Patel 54 minutes later

Welcome to healthcare magic forum.

Thank you for your query.

I congratulate you as you are concern about your mom's health.

The procedure is known as ear lobe repair (ELR).

Here is step by step technique for ELR.
1) You need to give consent to doctor for performing it.
2) Local anesthesia is given to numb the skin over ear. It is very simple, safe and painless.
3) Dead skin around the margins of lobes is removed.
4) Stitches are taken in both side -front and back. It is better to use 5-0 suture as it give excellent result. Many doctors are using adhesive glue also. I advise not to use glue as failure rate is very high.
5) Antiseptic cream is applied and cover with dressing. Antibiotic and analgesic medicines are given for 3 days only.
6) Follow up and dressing next day.
7) Stitch removal on 7th day.

It is very simple, minor surgical procedure. It takes around 45 minutes to be completed.

Amount of procedure is varying from doctor to doctor and city to city. Average charges per single ear lobe vary from 2500 to 3000 Rs. Many doctors are doing in 1500 Rs also.

I hope I answered your question.

Let me know if you have any further query.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor