Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Having back pain, been a driver for long. Suggest medicine for pain?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Spine Surgeon
Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 322 Questions
My back is killing me I have been a driver for over 35 years. Can you help me I need something for pain XXXXXXX helps
Posted Tue, 22 Oct 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Pain medicine will always be temporary solution

Detailed Answer:
I understand your concern. Definitely for such a long duration must have caused this problem. For pain relief you can try ketorolac medicine and transdermal patch. You may have to take off from the work for few days. However if the pain is severe and persistent then I would suggest to consider definitive treatment option rather than pain medicines. If possible please upload your mri to know more about your spine status. Sometime injections in the spine also helps to relieve the pain and that reduces the dependence on the pain medicine. Have you shown to any spine specialist? checked for any other treatment options? Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor