Having asthma attack, because of tight dress. Pain in lower ribs and bruised with lack of appetite. Suggest?

Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta

Posted on Wed, 29 May 2013 in General Health
Question: My wedding was just over one month ago. I wore a full corset style hook back bra and had a lace up corset back dress. Halfway through the reception, I couldn't breathe. Thought it was an asthma attack, but an albuterol inhalor didn't help. Eventually my bridesmaids decided to take the bra off me and I could breath again. The next day my husband noticed that my ribs were visably bruised. Now, just over a month later, my normal bras are still causing me pain and my lower ribs still feel bruised. I typically breathe diaphagmatically, not with my upper chest, because I'm a singer. I'm a mess, right? Anyway, my question here is: Is it normal for my ribs to still feel sore and bruised over a month after initial injury? Also, I've been feeling slightly dizzy and nauseous and have had a general lack of appetite. Is this normal from bruised ribs?
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
Feeling of sore skin and bruised ribs normally go away in 4 to 6 weeks and so there is nothing abnormal in it.Just wait for sometime more.You should be all right soon.
As far as nausea and loss of appetite is concerned,they are very common symptoms which affect almost everyone at some point. 
The symptoms of lack of appetite and nausea are often non-specific and can occur as a result of a variety of conditions like...
Use of antibiotics or pain killers 
Consumption of alcohol or more smoking
Acidity 
Stomach infection
May be early pregnancy
Depression and anxiety and so on....as the list is endless.

Just eat healthy ,take small meals ,take plenty of water and avoid alcohol,smoking and pain killers and see whether your symptoms improve or not.
In case your nausea and lack of appetite persists,go to your doctor and get yourself physically examined and investigated.

I hope it helps however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
Thanks