Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Having acidity problem, experiencing discomfort in stomach and flatulence. Advised to go for endoscopy

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2581 Questions
Dear Doctor, I am having with severe acidity problem since couple of years. I had consulted many doctors and undergone for scaning and found that no any problem in stomach, but still i am getting uncomfort in my stomach and I am having severe flatulence also. Some of the doctors suggested that I am having poor digestive capicity thats why i am getting these problems, and they also suggest to avoid heavy foods. I am doing as they suggested but still I am having the same problems. And now the doctor is adviced to do an endoscopy to get more clarity on my disease. Could you please give me an advice on this case? Regards, XXXX
Posted Wed, 20 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Prasad 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Go ahead with endoscopy... Detailed Answer: Dear XXXXXXX Hyperacidity is a lifestyle condition where your diet, physical activities, stressors and other life style factors play a strong role in controlling this problem. A person with better diet and life style is able to live free from hyperacidity. However fortunately or unfortunately in a few set of patients there can be other XXXXXXX parameters especially inflammation, infections and ulcer formation within the stomach that can aggravate the way hyperacidity behaves. Therefore it is good to undergo endoscopy since its the gold standard test. Please go ahead with the test. Further management of this condition can be decided post endoscopy result. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor