Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
148 Doctors are Online

Having acidity problem. How to get rid of this problem?

Sep 2012
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 1416 Questions
I am having acidity problem very frequently & sometime gastric problem too. could you please advice to overcome from this?


Posted Fri, 30 Nov 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 1 hour later
Thank you for your query.

You mentioned that you are suffering from acidity and gastritis. Acidity itself may leads to gastritis. So, these two are related with each other’s. it is most commonly seen if you are in a stressful job. More over fast foods are also a part of causative mechanism of this disease.

Sometimes bacterial infection of upper gastrointestinal tract may leads to this condition. The main bacterial agent which has a role in developing hyperacidity, gastritis followed by peptic ulceration is H pylori.

So, you have to do the followings
1.     Try to do some aerobics daily to get rid of stress.
2.      Try to take food timely. You should take light food (some biscuits) every two hourly. But ensure that you are not fasting. Because fasting may aggravate the condition.
3.     Try to avoid fast foods as much as you can.
4.     Take lansoprazole group of proton pump inhibitors once daily before breakfast in an empty stomach.
5.     If you feel any pain in upper abdomen, you can take suspension containing Sucralfate along with oxetacaine.
6.     If the above mentioned drugs does not give you any relief, or you develop pain in the upper abdomen, consult with a gastroenterologist for a thorough clinical examination, for ordering further investigations like upper GI endoscopy, if required, and for further management accordingly.
7.     If H pylori seems to be the causative agent, then consult with your treating doctor / gastroenterologist for prescribing a prophylactic course of antibiotics according to your clinical findings.

Hope this information suffices. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor