Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

146 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Having acid and burning sensation in stomach. Gallbladder contains a calculus. Cure?

Answered by
Dr. Rakhi Tayal


Practicing since :2001

Answered : 13102 Questions

Posted on Wed, 26 Dec 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Go to the doctor complaining of acid and burning sensation in stomach. Med with antibiotic, prilosec and tums. What does it mean when your gallbladder contains a 2.9 cm calculus with acoustic shadowing. Is that normal? My doctor conduct alot of test, and the one that seems outside of normal is the one below.

More Details:
This is my helicobactor Pylori test
H PYL G     3.41     .00 - .89     INDEX
It says that the standard is .00 - 89 and mine is a 3.41
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Thanks for posting your query.
Your ultrasound scan findings are suggestive of a stone or calculus in the gall bladder without any associated infection in the area.
The h.pylori test indicates that you have suffered from the h.pylori infection of the stomach in recent past as IgG antibody is in detectable range.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,   ,   ,  
Drug/Medication ,  
Medical Topics

Recent questions on  Gastrointestinal cancer

doctor1 MD

Hello doc i feel heaviness in my stomach and while passing stool i feel crimps in my stomach and sometimes i feel i want to pass more but can't .Since few day i pass stool three times a day. May be because i am taking antibiotic.Sometime but not regularly after taking heavy food i feel nausea.

doctor1 MD

Hi Dr good Evening, my mom is suffering from Gastric problem from past two moths we did all scans and tests but doctorsais she is having small minute stone in her kindey but in her left side stomach some times small sweeling is there may i know what to do next step

doctor1 MD

I started out with pain in my belky around n up my right side ending under my ribcage. The doctor gave me ranitdinr 300 mg which helps but now the discomfort is ruining my redt. Just yhe psin to the right of my stomach under my ribcage. My bowel movement is not so free either.

doctor1 MD

I am Rishabh Nayyar, age 24 yrs.Ht.5'8", wt.62 kgs. as per doctors' version i am suffering from IBS. I have to go for stool pass atleast 3 times a day. I also feel stomach any time during the day, sometime after passing the stool even. I at present taking medicine of Neuro-cycocatrist e.g. Serta 50,Petril, pentocid,etc. Please suggest some remedy from this problem.

doctor1 MD

Are fried foods or any foods high in saturated fats dangerous if they contain no cholesterol or trans fats? aside from sodium and everything else

doctor1 MD

I have gastric problem at times.Currently in night or throughout the day it makes lot of noise in stomach.I have started having lot of water but it showing no result.

doctor1 MD

Had acute diverticulitis Nov, 2013...took regimen of antibios & flagyll for 2 wks. Symptoms disappeared, but need bladder repair (mesh) and possibly have a rectocele . Must have colonoscopy first to determine. Could it be bowel or intestinal...