Having abdominal pain, vomiting. History of kidney stones. Test showed high WBC and ANC. Worrisome

Dr. G.Srinivasan

Urologist

Posted on Mon, 17 Dec 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Question: High WBC and ANC. Vomitting. Abdominal pain h/o kidney stones and hypercalciuria. Ct normal. All oth.er labs normal except alt 65. Symptoms persist for one week now.
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 7 hours later
Welcome to XXXXXXX and thanks for your query.
It is unfortunate that the pain is persistent and not been sorted out till now.
Abdomen is a magic box and systematic evaluation is necessary to look for the cause.
After understanding the history and other description, it most probably looks like pancreatitis or pain from gall stones. Have you got your SERUM AMYLASE checked?
ALSO, the evaluation includes careful history taking about constipation, ability to tolerate food, vaginal discharge/bleed and so on.
It is wise to get examined repeatedly by the same doctor to check for any changes that occur.
Get well soon.
DR GS