Having abdominal pain, back pain, feeling nausea with bloating. Proper treatment?

Dr. Rajiv goel

Urologist

Posted on Thu, 27 Dec 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: I have had normal ultrasounds and blood test for CMP, CBC. I have been having upper abdominal pain predominately in the upper middle of my stomach below chest bone radiating to left side sternum under breast and also left side pain and back pain. The Hida Scan showed my ejection rate is only 8%. I do not have any pain on my right side of my body at all. I do not have any pain after eating any type of food including greasy foods. My symptoms are as follows:

Constipation-I have 1 bowel movement a day but I have to strain. There may be a day or 2 out of the week where I have no pain.

Mild stomach bloating on the upper and lower abdomen.

Gnawing ache pain in upper middle stomach and left side sternum area and left side of stomach.

Low back pain.

Occasional nausea

I forgot to mention this to my doctor but I did take (2) advil at 2am Thursday because I had a headache and ate very light throughout that day. But my Hida Scan Test was not until Friday 8:11am.

My gall bladder does not hurt I pressed on the entire right side of my body and I have no pain. All my pain is on the left side.

My doctor's assistant stated that more than likely my gall bladder has to come out at 8% ejection rate. I requested that prior to seeing the surgeon I wanted both a endoscopy and colonoscopy done to make sure I do not have a bigger issue going on. I have a gut feeling I have something like gastitis or inflammation of either my stomach or pancreatis. That is where most of the pain is coming from. My doctor has agreed to do both procedures. I recently order a gall bladder restore from this website: http://www.gallbladdercomplete.com/ to see if this will help my gall bladder improve before making that big step to take it out when it is not causing me pain. I wanted to try this for 3 months and do a repeat hida scan to make sure it is a bad gall bladder before just removing it.

My question to you is by waiting and taking natural supplement is there hope for gallbladder to improve?

Based on my symptoms that I described above could a gall bladder cause them? The symptoms I am having are not classic gall bladder symptoms.

Is there any other test I should request to find the underlying issue of the problems I am experiencing?

Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 2 hours later
Dear,

I have gone through your detailed history and I more than agree with yourself for deferring the surgery at this point of time.

The pain you are experiencing at this point of time is unlikely to be caused by the gall bladder. You should be subjected to contrast enhanced computerized tomography (CECT) of the abdomen in addition to endoscopy and colonoscopy.

You don't have any symptoms to suggest acute cholecystitis or cystic duct obstruction and your HIDA scan shall improve by with supplements.

Do let me know if you have more concerns.

Rajiv goel

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E