Owl Image

Having abdominal pain and odd menstrual cycle. How to treat this problem?

Oncologist
Question
I usually would chalk this up to whats been said before, but this is too... painful... to be just chalked up.

My primary PA says that because I am overweight, I will have odd menstrual periods. I chalked it up to that at first... however, now I am getting worried, and trying to find a new dr.

Left sided abd pain, at first I thought it was a kidney infection. I have had clots the size of a quarter this last week. This has been lasting 2 weeks now... and my "period" is not normal... it is intense bright red blood.

Any ideas how to ease the pain, or what it could be, at least until I find a new dr?
Sat, 5 Jan 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage

Answered by Dr. Vikas Ostwal 2 hours later
Blood clots with excess bleeding associated with pain can be due to endometriosis, fibroid of uterus or hormonal imbalance. In all these condition, there is an Estrogen excess in the body. Now it can be associated with excess weight but may not be the only reason. For the pain, you can Tab. Motrin 1 tablet as and when required (upto 4 times daily, not to be repeated before 6 hours)/ For pain management and further characterization of the cause, I would suggest you to see a gynaecologist as soon as possible.
Let me know if you have any more questions