Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
158 Doctors are Online

Having a swollen cheekbone after hit on face. Should I be worried?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 3744 Questions
I was hit on the right side of face, swollen cheekbone which is hard like a growing bone and there is some swelling on my right side of forehead as well..should i be worried? See the doctor?
Posted Fri, 22 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 1 hour later
Brief Answer: If swelling and pain increases-then see the doctor Detailed Answer: Hello, I have studied your case with diligence. As per your history you may need to take analgesic [like diclogesic] and Trypsin chymotrypsin [Enzomac] twice daily to reduce pain and swelling. If there is persistent pain and swelling is increasing then you need to consult doctor and if required X XXXXXXX face can be taken. Usually nasal and maxilla fracture are common in this area. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor