Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
158 Doctors are Online

Having a severe lower back ache. Suggest a resolution?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Spine Surgeon
Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 322 Questions
I am having a severe lower back ache from the past 2-3 months. Please suggest a resolution.
Posted Tue, 25 Jun 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari 1 hour later
Thanks for writing to us.
Severe back pain may be due to back muscle spasm and disc prolapse. It needs to be investigated. Do you have any leg pain? Any tingling or numbness in legs? Any spine xrays done?
Usually it is treated with anti inflammatory with muscle relaxants and local gel application. Also start physiotherapy such as ift or lumbar traction.
I would suggest to consult orthopaedic get spine xrays to rule out serious spine issue. Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor