Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Having a bump between anus and ball area. Medication?

Dec 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 4168 Questions
I have a bump between my anus and ball area. I went to hospital outpatient a couple weeks ago and to my Internist two days later. At that time it was the size of a pea and they both told me not to worry, they did not think it was cause for concern. Not is the size of a large marble (boulder) Its irritated when sitting or driving. I think because its kinda hanging out when I am i that position. It also hurts especially after I have touched the area.
Any advise or thoughts about what this might be? I am 64 years old. Not overweight in pretty good shape otherwise.

Posted Thu, 22 Aug 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 29 minutes later
Hello Sir,

Welcome and thanks for posting your query to XXXXXXX

As per your query you have a bump between anus and testicular area (ball area). Going according to your history that it irritates only during sitting and driving makes the closest possibility of "skin tag" only.

For the best possibility of the problem it would be better if you can upload a close picture of the area with good resolution. For that you have a feature to upload images by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can answer your further queries. Or else, you can send as an attachment to YYYY@YYYY with the subject as "Attn: Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia).

Medically you should understand that our skin at this area is quite lose and folds are been formed. After a certain age our loose skin can pop out as simple small over growth which we call as skin tags. Once the tag is slightly larger then it is known as acrochordon.

There is no problem because of the acrochordon and the only symptom we perceive is slight irritation because of the friction at the local area. It never turns to any kind of problematic or serious condition. So kindly relax for this condition.

At the maximum if it becomes large enough then it is prone for bacterial infection due to the fact that the genital area is always closed. So more of sweating and improper hygiene can make it prone for infection.
For the prevention of any irritation or infection- do not scratch or even try to touch the area unnecessarily, stay away from hot and humid climate, do not wear any synthetic undergarments coming in contact with the affected area (you can wear cotton undergarments to be changed two times in a day) and lastly keep proper hygiene.

This can be very well taken out by dermatologist with simple process of electro or radiocautery in few minutes without a single drop of blood.

So just relax for the simple situation which can be taken care of easily.

I hope these information's will help you. If you have further queries I will be happy to help.

"Wish you good health"

Dr Sanjay Kumar Kanodia
MD (Dermatology and Sexually Transmitted Diseases)
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor