Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
184 Doctors are Online

Having Unilateral shizencephaly. Kidney and intestinal problems. What are the other complications?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1994
Answered : 10322 Questions
I have unilateral shizencephely I'm 32 years old for a few years now i been have kidney and intestinal problems and the left side that's affected the bones are starting to hurt and my left side is weaker shorter smaller and limited are my left side ..and are my intestine and organs smaller n weak on that side also?? Thanku XXXXXXX
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 14 hours later
Thanks for posting your query.
Unilateral shizencephaly is a congenital disorder which is not inherited genetically.
It is not associated with smaller size or malformations of any other body organs like kidneys and intestines. It is just a coincidence that your left side is shorter and smaller and bones have started to hurt on that side.
You can get an ultrasound scan of abdomen to find out any discrepancy in the size of your organs.
Regarding the bone pains, these are likely to be due to Vitamin D3 or calcium or magnesium deficiency. You can get your serum levels evaluated and start the supplements accordingly for relief.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor