Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

Having Hypertension and Diabetes. Which doctor to consult?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1994
Answered : 10363 Questions
I am B P and daibetic patient since nine months and my age is 43 years old . I want to know which doctor I will consult for my treatment.
Posted Tue, 1 May 2012 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later

Thanks for posting your query.

If Hypertension and Diabetes is not adequately controlled with lifestyle modifications and dietary control, then treatment from a specialist doctor means a super specialist opinion is required.

I would advise you to consult an Endocrinologist for Diabetes under these circumstances, who will properly evaluate your case and will guide you regarding the investigations necessary and adequate treatment.

For Hypertension you can take a second opinion from experienced Physician (MD) or you can consult a Cardiologist also.

Meanwhile, you continue taking the treatment advised by your previous doctor and fix an appointment with an Endocrinologist and physician/Cardiologist as soon as possible.

I hope this answers your query effectively. In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Diabetologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor