Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
130 Doctors are Online

Having Diabetes. Where can I take father for test in Bangalore?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 869 Questions
My Father is having Diabetes from last 15 years. Currently he is in my native place Ranchi. Now his dibetes is not getting reduced. Now a days he is very tensed because of his health. I wanted to bring them to bangalore and wanted to do best checkup over here. Can you please suggest where to go and to whome we can XXXXXXX .
Posted Tue, 20 Aug 2013 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Pratap VGM 24 hours later

Welcome to health care magic

Your father is having uncontrolled diabetes mellitus. Commonly diabetes become uncontrolled when it is associated with following reasons
1. Increased insulin resistance
2. Decreased insulin production
3. Stress and life style causes
4. Tumours which increases alone sugars

Your might be suffering from any one of the above. See whether you have evaluated for these causes.
There are many investigation modalities available to determine the cause of uncontrolled diabetes like 'c' peptide assay, serum fructoseamine tests. Some renal abnormality may cause severe insulin resistance.

There are many superspecialty hospitals in Bangalore like Apollo, fortis, Karnataka diabetic foundation etc. You can get your father evaluated any where you want.

Hope this information is helpful

Thank you
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Diabetologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor