Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
177 Doctors are Online

Havign lump in the inner lip of vagina. Feel swollen. Suggest?

May 2013
User rating for this question
Answered by
Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 4909 Questions
I have a small bump on the inner lip of my vaginal, and if i scratched/rubbed it then i can cause my inner lip to bleed and feel swolllening(the bump sort of hard like)
Posted Mon, 30 Sep 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Bartholin cyst

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the query.
According to your description the bump you mentioned could be Bartholin cyst.
Bartholin gland lies at the inner lip of the vagina.
When the duct of the gland gets blocked it will format a cyst.
When the cyst gets infected it can from an abscess.
You should not scratch the cyst as infection can occur.
So consult gynecologist once, get examined to find out the exact nature of the lesion and take treatment accordingly.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the answer, please give your review at the end of the discussion.
Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Havign lump in the inner lip of vagina. Feel swollen. Suggest? 13 minutes later
What about te sticky white stuff (it is similiar to crinkled tissue paper) on my clitoris

is it still part of the effect of the bartholin cysto, the white sticky stuff on my clitoris (that resemblle soft tissue paper)and why does it swell when I rubbed it?
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Bartholin abscess

Detailed Answer:
Yes, there may be remnants of infection.
You should take course of antibiotics to get complete cure.
When you rub the area, the inflammatory reactions will occur leading to edema of the tissues and excessive products of pus etc, that can increase the swelling.
So better to consult gynecologist, get examined and take treatment.
Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor