Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

Haven't gone through puberty, am twenty-one years of age, gynecomastia. Need something to make voice deeper.

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 4361 Questions
hey im 21 years old but still havent gone through puberty I am very worried any advice? I also have gynecomastia but i have no money or health insurance for surgery and I have a penis problem as well but im more embarrassed at the fact that even my younger cousin looks older than me and i always get that embarrassing look and comments when people hear my age or see my id and im tired of it i need something to at least make my voice deeper and grow some facial hair because i have not one hair on my chin or above my lip i mean nothing
Is there any way I can get treatment in chicago if I have no money or insurance? because I have nothing maybe I can get a loan for it? i just really want this problem solved people think I am 15 and im 21. Also my gynecomastia is another big big deal and i have a penis problem but im sure that cant be fixed
Posted Thu, 3 May 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 45 minutes later

Thanks for the query.

What you are suffering from is most likely to be Gonadal failure. Gonads are responsible to secrete certain hormones required to upkeep reproductive system in a human being.

I strongly advise you not to delay meeting the doctor. Some of the causes for delayed puberty are curable.

Please get the following tests done
1. Follicle stimulating hormone (FSH)
2. Leutinizing hormone (LH)
3. Testosterone levels
4. Ultrasound pelvis including Doppler of testis

It is best in your case to XXXXXXX an endocrinologist with the above tests. Even better would be to approach a multi specialty hospital with endocrine, general surgery and XXXXXXX medicine specialty.

Given your condition, it is imperative to XXXXXXX a local doctor and get examined. There are 'Cash Only' doctors who give great discounts upto 90% whom you can find in your local area.

I hope I have answered your query, please accept my answer if there are no further queries.

I wish you good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor