Have yellowish discharge from anal hole. Stool test showed Puscells-2-4/HPF. What does it indicate?

Posted on Sun, 29 Sep 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Question: i am a male aged 49 years. i had a slight yellowish discharge from my anal hole since almost 4-5 months. recently i had a stools test. the result shows
colour- Brownish
appearance-semi solid
IVA - not seen
Cyst- Not seen
Amoeba- Not seen
Puscells-2-4/HPF
RBC- Nil
what does it mean,
should i consult a specialist again, or go for any other tests. because the discharge is still persists.
i have no pain, no itching, no blood, no constipation
kinldy advice
Answered by Dr. Roopa Hiremath 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Surgical consultation for detailed exam

Detailed Answer:
Hi, Mr XXXXX,
Thanks for choosing Health care magic for your query.
I have gone through your history and I understand your concern as you are having these symptoms since 4-5 months.
Your stool test seems to be normal based on the parameters you have written in your query.
The only parameter which is slightly worrying is the presence of pus cells.
This indicates inflammation of the intestine.
The main reason to do a stool test is to detect if the patient is suffering from any intestinal infection.
Intestinal infections are associated with symptoms like loose stools, vomiting, blood in stools and abdominal pain.
You have mentioned that you have no other symptoms other than the discharge.
I suggest you go for a culture and sensitivity test of the discharge.
I also suggest a consultation with a surgeon for a detailed examination of your anal region as the discharge still persists.
I hope I have answered your question satisfactorily.
Please get back if any more queries.
Thanks.
Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E
Dr. Roopa Hiremath

Infectious Diseases Specialist