Have wolff parkinson white syndrome. Gaining weight and developed lump on arm. Should I consult a specialist?

Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain

Posted on Wed, 13 Mar 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: My 77 yr old husband was diagnosed with Wolff Parkinson White (the SLOW variety) 30 years ago. He was always very fit and made the Commonwealth Games trials for middle distance running and played top level golf in his young days. Three years ago he had a small heart attack and the surgical ablation was attempted then stopped as he has 5 live lines in his heart.
Recently he has started piling on weight (now 125 kg) and is developing lumps under one arm and on the opposite side calf. Doctors first though Haematoma. then DVT. blood tests and scans have come back negative so he has been sent home in the "too hard basket"
His left leg is very swollen from toes to above the knee and painful.
He also has two titanium knees and has had bakers cysts since surgery on one knee.Sleep hyponea. Last year an operation to remove a blockage in his urethra was partially successful.
Question: should he be seen by a medical specialist who is able to look at the whole picture as well as his GP and a variety of specialists in particular areas (ie cardiologist, urologist, orthopedic surgeon)
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 11 minutes later
I suggest you should always give a report to his GP of all that is done by all other specialists, but his GP is the person that knows him best and has a more closer and intimate relationship with him.
I suggest you XXXXXXX his cardiologist, urologist and surgeon as you rightly suggest. A consultation with a dietician is worth having too along the line. If he loses weight, it shall go a long way to relief the sleep apnoea and some pain symptoms.
I pray this helps. Do not hesitate asking further questions if need be, feel fee please.
Wishing you the best of health.
Thanks and best regards,
Luchuo, MD.