Have white tongue, sour taste and sore throat after tooth extraction. What is the treatment?

Dr. Ramesh B. Hegde

Dentist, Prosthodontics

Posted on Sun, 8 Dec 2013 in Dental Health
Question: Hi can u please help me? I have white tongue bitter sour an unpleasant taste sore throat an bad breath. Its seems to have started not long after i had my tooth extracted. I also need scaling on my teeth, if this helps.
Answered by Dr. Ramesh B. Hegde 31 minutes later
Brief Answer: Dear XXXXX, Hello, usu Detailed Answer: Dear XXXXX, Hello, usually white tongue is associated with sore throat, fever. Get the the treatment for sore throat, clean your tongue with proper tongue cleaner and whiteness also reduces as sore throat, fever subsides. scaling also helps to reduce bad breath, but get it done done after sore throat subsides and do not forget to change the tooth brush after sore throat. Hope this helps you, If you have anything else to be clarified you are most well- come. wish you happy recovery,
Follow up: Dr. Ramesh B. Hegde 3 days later
Ok thanks. Im worried its a digestive problem or throat problem i have phelgm getting lodged in back of throat an it has a smell to it. Is bacteria im mouth contagious? Breath sometimes has fecsl smell very strong from the throat. What could the problem be?
Answered by Dr. Ramesh B. Hegde 28 minutes later
Brief Answer: Dear XXXXX Detailed Answer: Dear XXXXX Hello, If you have indigestion / lung infection / throat infection, they also contribute to bad breath. If you feel any of such symptoms please consult physician for the needful Wish you speedy recovery. with regards,
Follow up: Dr. Ramesh B. Hegde 12 minutes later
Ok thankyou for your help.
Answered by Dr. Ramesh B. Hegde 12 hours later
Brief Answer: Dear XXXXX, Detailed Answer: Dear XXXXX, I sincerely wish you you speedy recovery with regards