Have white spots on tongue and urethra. What is the cause?

Dr. Sudarshan

Dermatologist

Posted on Mon, 21 Jan 2013 in Pigmentation Problems
Question: I have white spots in the urinary tract of my penis & I have a white tounge. What have I got
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 2 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
The white spots on your urethra can be candidiasis or chancroid .
White tongue can also be due to candidiasis or coated tongue.Candidiasis is a better fit as it explains both your symptoms.It is treatable with fluconazole tablets orally and clotrimazole cream topically.
Also I would like to know-
Is there any itchy/painful spots?
Do you have burning micturition ?
Can you upload the photographs of urethra and tongue?
Do you have any symptoms in oral cavity like raw sensation or pain?
Do you have fever or other body complaints?
Do you or your family member have diabetes?

Answer the question and upload the photographs and we can continue the discussion here.
Hope this helps.
Dr Sudarshan
MD dermatologist .
Follow up: Dr. Sudarshan 9 hours later
The only other symptoms I have is a slight fever & mild burning sensation when urinating. My sister has diabetes. I cannot upload any photos
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 9 hours later
Hi again,
Thanks for the details.
The condition appears to be candidiasis.
You need to take tab.fluconazole 150 mg stat and one tab of fluconazole 150 mg after 1 week.Also you should apply nystatin oral paint over tongue and clotrimazole cream over the urethra.This should take care of infection.Using clorhexidine mouth wash 2-3 times a day will also helps.
Hope this helps.
I will be available for follow up.