Have white spots on face. How to get rid of it?

Dr. Sudarshan

Dermatologist

Posted on Fri, 28 Dec 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have some white spots in my face coz of using skin lite ? how to overcome from it ?
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 40 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX

Thanks for writing in.

Skinlite cream contains 2% hydroquinone and a very potent steroid mometasone.
This ingredients can cause permanent depigmentation of skin leading to white spot.
It is not advisable to use it for long time.

My advise to you would be -
Stop using skinlite.
Expose the white spot to the early sunlight for 10 minutes in morning.Preferably between 8-9 AM.
You can apply a cream called TACROZ 0.03 % ointment at night over white spots.
Color will come back but process is slow may take 2-3 months of treatment.

Avoid any HQ and steroid based creams in future.

Hope this helps.
I will be available for follow up.

Regards.
Dr Sud
Dermatology.
Follow up: Dr. Sudarshan 24 hours later
Is there any to increase fairness ? and a method to remove small white spots fastly?
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 4 minutes later
Hi again,
You can use Cosglo cream at night over face.Use good quality sunscreen at day time like Suncote gel.

Also white spots will go away slowly any attempt to remove them fastly will cause darkening of the skin of face.

It is better to go slowly than to have any side effects.

Hope this helps.

Regards.
Follow up: Dr. Sudarshan 24 minutes later
suggest a place to get both stuffs ?
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 1 minute later
Hi again,
The creams are available at medical shops on over the counter basis.
You can get it at shop near you.

Regards.