Have white patches on penis tip and bump like lesion on scrotum. What cure should be done?

Dr. Rahul Kumar

Dermatologist

Posted on Mon, 1 Apr 2013 in Penis Problems
Question: Have a look at the first four photograph (first two pdf files). Since my childhood I used to wipe my penis with a cloth very roughly. Even masturbation I used to do using a cloth. This happened every time I went for pee. I lost the reddishness of the inner part. Now I’m unable to know whether I’m having black spots on white skin or white patches on black skin. The inner part became very rough. Apart from that everything is normal. I stopped using a cloth for the last 2 years. I never thought of the consequences. Actually the change came so gradually that I was unable to find it abnormal. To make it sensitive I thought of using some Vaseline like substances. But I read in a blog on net that use of petroleum products may lead to impotency. I never had any sexual relation with anybody. What could be the reason?? Can I get the colour of inner part of my penis back. Is it abnormal?? Any need to visit doctors place??
I’m having fuss like substances inside the skin on my testacles (I have shown in the fifth and sixth photograph i.e., third pdf file). I have highlighted the one in large size.
Is there any relation between the above two issues??
Please help me in this regard. If possible for two issues.im very much worried of these.
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 2 hours later

Thanks for the detailed description and high quality images.

You are suffering from two different problems and I will explain them one by one.

1. The problem with glans penis.

Actually in simple words, it can be said that the mucosa of your glans has become like skin.
That means, the highly sensitive pink mucous membrane of the glans has become less sensitive skin like due to constant friction.

It is totally normal and is body's protective mechanism.
The white patches what you see are actually normal regenerating mucosa, the rest black part is the skin like change.

Nothing needs to be done, just wait. Slowly the skin like area will again regain its colour.
However if you feel pain on the tip of penis or there is ulcer, you must see a dermatologist.
Applying a moisturizer like elovera is a good option.

2. The second condition is a bump like lesion on scrotum.

This is calcinosis cutis, which means accumulation of calcium under the skin. Even this is a harmless condition.

If you want it can be easily removed by excising it.
However it is better to leave it as such if it doesn’t grow or cause any problem.

Hope I was of some help.

Let me know if you have any other doubts.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T