Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

164 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Have white patches on face. Not cured by clotebate -gm. What should be done?

Answered by
Dr. Kruti


Practicing since :2003

Answered : 345 Questions

Posted on Tue, 11 Dec 2012 in Pigmentation Problems
Question: my 5 year old son has 2-3 white spots on his face which are getting prominent day by day from last 20 days, please advise.i have been using clotebate -gm (from last one week), like this has happened earlier also , but no visible results, rather the patches have become prominent.
Answered by Dr. Kruti 2 hours later

Thanks for posting your query.

I will be glad to be of assistance and will surely answer all your queries till you get a satisfactory answer.

I reviewed the pictures and it seems to be a condition called pityriasis XXXXXXX

Its very common in children and its a harmless condition. We refer to it as an eczema and all it requires is a moisturizer and it resolves over time.

The cream that you are applying (clobetasol) is too strong and needs to be discontinued.

The cream itself can increase the white spots in size as white spots which we refer to as hypopigmentation (decreased pigmentation) is a side effect of the cream.

Please let me know if I can address any other concerns for you.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Aparna Kohli
Follow up: Dr. Kruti 12 hours later
Thanks Doc, we had used clop when he was an infant. i will discontinue it as you say , i will use vaseline for moisturising as normal moisturiser (lakme) doesnot seem so effective ( as he is getting very dry skin) or can you suggest any medicated moisturiser.
Thanks and regards
Answered by Dr. Kruti 13 minutes later

Thanks for your reply.

You can use medicated moisturizer called oilatum lotion.

There is a solution available called oilatum emollient. One cap has to be added to one bucket of bath water. That also helps to moisturize dry skin.

Hope I have answered all your queries. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Mohammed Kappan

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,   ,   ,  
Drug/Medication ,  
Medical Topics

Recent questions on  Skin care

doctor1 MD

I have had this rash around the corners of my nose and down the sides of my mouth to just the sides of my chin, I have tried cortisone cream it doesn t work its like little tiny pimples in a little cluster. I even tried calamine lotion that didn t work either.

doctor1 MD

hi doctor tis is geetha from mysore... i am undergoing skin treatment from past four months for scars, n pores.. doctor suggested me to apply benzac gel, retional gel on affetced areas and melascreen lotion for sun protection and he did one setting of chemical peelinglts.. but i am nt satisfied wid the results becos scars appears more dark and pores has nt minimised yet.. so i request you to suggest some good cream for scars and for pores.. my skin type is brownish and oily skin.. n can u tell me which chemical peel il best suit fr my skin..

doctor1 MD

hi,i m 22 yrs female,my face skin has appeared black since the initial of 2011.but my face skin was not black it should be mentioned here that for acne on my face i was treated by homeopathy doctor in 2009 though my acne has disappeared buy face skin turned into black and some red pimples like thing what should i do can i get a smooth and spot free beautiful skin.thank u

doctor1 MD

HI, I am Salman, 22 years old male. I am noticing that the density of my hair on top is decreasing. I am a little worried about this early age hair loss problem. I used to have a lots of dandruff in my hair, about 4-5 years ago. So i have been using Selsun blue shampoo which significantly removed my dandruff but now my hair are starting to thin and fall. Please help.

doctor1 MD

hi, I was just curious if a topical drug that has an alcohol base could enter my bloodstream thus effecting my blood alcohol level. Also can skin care products alcohol base enter the bloodstream if applied to the skin?

doctor1 MD

In mid 50s now and as in the past and still now, every time I have sexual intercourse I breakout with acne . Sometimes painful acne. What is going on and how do I correct this without stopping my sex life?

doctor1 MD

my question is regarding the redness of my skin basically I have a fair skin tone, and my redness occur on my check area s. I follow a proper skin care routine 2 time s facewash ( Himalayan face wash), moisturiser ( Nivea Soft), and using of...