Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Have white bumps on the roof of mouth. What should I do to get cured?

Sep 2012
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 1416 Questions
i have a few white bumps on the roof of my mouth (blister Like), they've been there for a couple of days now. they constanly hurt and seem like expand when i eat.
what do i need to do?
Posted Sun, 18 Nov 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 5 hours later
Firstly, the symptoms you told indicates some differential diagnosis
- Aphthous ulcer (most common).
- Trauma.
- Vitamin and micro-nutrients deficiency.
- Infection of the oral mucosa due to poor hygiene ( it may be bacterial / fungal).
- Some cystic changes that particularly found in oral mucosal surface.
- Some dermatological diseases which presents with blistering in the oral mucosa ( like pemphigus vulgaris, Lichen planus).
To come to a conclusive diagnosis clinical examination is very much important. Signs of inflammation, presence of pus, oral hygiene, all are to be checked. Any associated skin lesion is to be looked for.

You have to do the followings
1. First you have to maintain a good oral hygiene. For this, use a good mouthwash 3 to 4 times a day.
2. Take any nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drug ( like paracetamol) if you feel any pain. You should take a pantoprazole group of drug before taking the previously mentioned drug.
3. Take a multivitamin Drug specially having Vitamin B12 and Vitamin C.
4. Consult with an ENT specialist for further clinical examination, investigation if required and management with specific medicine according to the findings.

Summary : Consult with an ENT specialist if you do not get any relief from the above mentioned measures.

Hope this information suffices. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor