Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
158 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Have weird skin like growth on penis head. What could be this and the cure?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 14854 Questions
I have weird skin like tags whitish growing on the end of my penis / banjo string. I can provide pictures if it would help!

If you look by the banjo you can see the bigger bit is more red.
Ive moved it and it doesnt hurt / feel of anything. Its not itchy or anything If I didnt look at it I wouldn't even know it is there.

Links below for pictures:

Posted Wed, 31 Oct 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 4 hours later
Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic

Skin tags can occur on any aspect of the body, including the penis. They are benign and will not become cancerous.
They are treated only if they are bothersome.Treatment can be done in a variety of ways including :freeze with liquid nitrogen, burn off with electric cautery, tie at base with a string to allow it to fall off,remove with a scissors.
Removing the skin tag will not result in the growth of others, however there are some persons who are prone to develop tags

You may want to consider visiting your doctor for him or her to take a look.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor