Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Have water blister on penis. Could be Molluscom or water wart. Suggest treatment?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 365 Questions
I have what I think is a water blister on my penis. Could be Molluscom or water wart. Could you tell me how to treat this?
Posted Mon, 22 Jul 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Neera Kataria 1 hour later
Hi, thanks for your query.

You have a single lesion on the penile skin. I have seen the image, which shows a single well-defined raised skin colored lesion. There is no redness associated. It is not very clear whether it is solid or fluid filled

The following medical conditions are some of the possible causes:

-Molluscum contagiosum
-viral wart
-herpes simplex
-carcinomatous lesion

Molluscum or wart is viral infection without any associated symptom. They can be treated by simple non-invasive procedure like radio cautery or CO2 ablative laser.

Scabies is an itchy condition caused by a mite infestation and can be treated with oral ivermectin and local permethrin 5%

Herpes is viral infection with multiple grouped vesicles, which ulcerate and often associated with pain. However, this does not seem to be herpes but initial lesion may look like this.

Pemphigus is a chronic condition. It appears as fragile, thin-walled blisters that break down to form ulcers. These are often painful and may itch.Prompt diagnosis and treatment is essential.

If it is a hard lesion then an excision biopsy has to be done to rule out carcinomatous growth.

I have tried to tell you treatment of the possible causes.

I shall like to know the duration for which it is present, associated symptoms if any which will be helpful for a more closer diagnosis.

Hope this solves your query.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Have water blister on penis. Could be Molluscom or water wart. Suggest treatment? 17 hours later
Can you look again at this close up picture?
Answered by Dr. Neera Kataria 10 hours later
Hi, thanks for writing back.

I had a look at the closer picture. It seems to be a solid nodule. It is not possible to diagnose it without examination.

I think it should be examined properly for its consistency, and to know whether it is adherent to the underlying structures or motile. You may consult a dermatologist in your area for the same.

I suggest you to get an excision biopsy done to for exact diagnosis.

Hope this helps you.

Keep me posted.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor