Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Have wart on side of face. How to remove this?

User rating for this question
Answered by

Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 2015 Questions
hi...My name is XXXXXXX ..I'm 23 years old and i have had a wart on the side of my left hand since i was a child...i believe the earliest i remember having it was 4 or 5 years old. Any idea on what kind of wart this might be based off of how long i've had it, the location of it, and what can be done to have it removed?
Thu, 14 Feb 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 1 hour later
Thanks for writing to us.
From the image that you have uploaded, in all probability it looks like a viral wart( caused by human papilloma virus). Usually viral warts resolve spontaneously in most cases in few months time but in some cases these may persist indefinitely for years.
One way to confirm wart is to pinch it, if it causes sharp pain, it is a wart.

To treat wart, one can apply salicylic acid ointment under occlusion as it being a keratolytic or skin peeling agent would remove wart too. But it has to be done everyday till wart is completely gone.
However in your case, I would suggest that you get either cryotherapy and paring of wart done or go for electro cautery of the wart for its complete removal.

All the above are dermatologist guided procedures. I would encourage visiting a dermatologist also to rule out some other unlikely causes like tuberculous verrucosa cutis( a mycobacterium tuberculosis infection) etc which can only be done after proper skin examination.

Hope that answers your query. Should there be more, feel free to write back.
Take care.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor