Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

Have warm tingling through out body, some times cold also and rapid heart beat. Suggest?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2012
Answered : 1038 Questions
hi i have this funny feeling that i get all over my body. i can not explane what it is for sure. but it starts with a warm tingiling through out my body. some times cold ones to and then my heart will speed up. and i freak out
Posted Tue, 30 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Achuo Ascensius 2 hours later
thanks for the query

Abnormal sensations in the body, such as tingling or sensation of pins and needles on the skin is known as "paresthesia." Paresthesia is commonly cause by affection of nerves due to diverse conditions.

The association of tingling and accelerated heart rates makes it necessary to exclude panic attacks and anxiety. A panic attack is a sudden fear with consequently physical effects on the body such as tingling, increase heart rate, sweating, feeling of shortness of breath etc. Causes could be hereditary, related to people with stress or psychological disequilibrium, intake of caffeine or nicotine, certain drugs such as antidepressants, etc

Chronic diseases such as diabetes could cause peripheral neuropathies that would produce tingling sensations. Heart failure as well, due to reduce oxygen supply to the periphery, could result to tingling sensation and resultant acceleration of heart rate.

Metabolic disequilibrium as well would lead to tingling sensation. Examples include vitamin deficiency especially vitamins B. Also deficiencies in electrolytes such as calcium, Magnesium etc could results to tingling.

Given the above, it is necessary to XXXXXXX an internist for detail evaluation and for common tests such as blood electrolytes.

Hope this answers your query. If you have further query, i will be glad to respond.
Best regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor