Have visible dent in lower eyelid with some redness. How to get cured?

Dr. Kruti

Dermatologist

Posted on Tue, 11 Dec 2012 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: I have a visible dent in my right lower eyelid, that appears to be the opposite of a stye in the eyelid. A stye causes an inflamed bubble, while this condition causes a very pronounced notch (missing skin) in my eyelid, with some redness underneath the notch behind the eyelid. I have have had this happen before some years ago, in my lower left eye lid, and it caused my eyelid to heal in such a way that caused my eye lashes to cross at the point where the scar healed. This particular notch is a little less pronounced than the last one, fortunately, but is slow to heal.
Answered by Dr. Kruti 2 hours later
Hello.

I will be glad to be of assistance and I will try my best to answer your queries until you get a satisfactory answer.

I would like to request you to take a photograph of the lesions and post them here, so I can have a look and opine regarding them. You have a feature to upload the image by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can answer your queries better.

Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Mohammed Kappan