Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online

Have visible dent in lower eyelid with some redness. How to get cured?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 345 Questions
I have a visible dent in my right lower eyelid, that appears to be the opposite of a stye in the eyelid. A stye causes an inflamed bubble, while this condition causes a very pronounced notch (missing skin) in my eyelid, with some redness underneath the notch behind the eyelid. I have have had this happen before some years ago, in my lower left eye lid, and it caused my eyelid to heal in such a way that caused my eye lashes to cross at the point where the scar healed. This particular notch is a little less pronounced than the last one, fortunately, but is slow to heal.
Posted Mon, 10 Dec 2012 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Kruti 2 hours later

Thanks for posting your query.

I will be glad to be of assistance and I will try my best to answer your queries until you get a satisfactory answer.

I would like to request you to take a photograph of the lesions and post them here, so I can have a look and opine regarding them. You have a feature to upload the image by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can answer your queries better.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Ophthalmologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor