• question-icon

Have very high ESR and high CPR. Frequent fever. Why does it come and leave?

Posted on Sat, 14 Jul 2012 in General Health
Question: Hello Doctor
I have a very high ESR(70) and high CPR (160). All other values are normal. He is getting frequent fever. It comes and goes. What might be the reason?
Thanks
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 5 hours later

ESR and CRP are the general markers of inflammation and can rise in many conditions like rheumatoid arthritis, other connective tissue diseases, tuberculosis and even in malignancies like multiple myeloma.

You will need further tests to determine the cause of rise in ESR and CRP. these include XXXXXXX to rule out connective tissue diseases, serum protein electrophoresis to rule out multiple myeloma and a CT scan of chest and abdomen to rule out tuberculosis.

I will suggest consulting a physician before going for these tests as these will done only depending on your symptoms.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Dr. Jasvinder Singh