Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
138 Doctors are Online

Have ventricular septal defect, pulmonary stenosis, gynecomastia. Can heart tolerate smoking pot?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3629 Questions
My son was born 9-9-09. He was diagnose with status post surgical repair of the ventricular septal defect in a patient with L-transposition of the great arteries, ventricular inversion and pulmonary stenosis (1997): Moderate tricuspid (systemic av valve) insufficiency: mild plus supravalar pulmonary stenosis: fatigue with exertion; gynecomastia, probably secondary to spironolactone theraphy. He now is smoking pot ! He tells me that it's not going to hurt him. How much can his heart take ? Please help me.
Posted Tue, 4 Sep 2012 in Drug Abuse
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 7 hours later

Thanks for your query.

I apologise , I could not understand your query and a bit confused.

Your son is born on September 9th of 2009 ?
You have mentioned 1997 about Pulmonary stenosis

Kindly retype the query chronologically so that I understand better and opine specifically.

Also do attach any reports related to his health condition here.

Waiting for your reply.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Have ventricular septal defect, pulmonary stenosis, gynecomastia. Can heart tolerate smoking pot? 12 hours later
Sorry, my son was born september 9, 1995
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 11 hours later

Thanks for the information.

The smoking of any kind of tobacco or weed is very XXXXXXX to your son who has the above cardiac anomalies.

Though the smoking makes him feel good , it will have a very bad effect on the heart valves.There is no cut off dosage where it can prove XXXXXXX Any amount anytime can cause serious complications.

Smoking produces numerous free radicals which can induce blood vessel injuries leading to thrombotic disease which could be fatal in your son.

I strongly recommend you to stop him from doing that and also get him counselled by a health counsellor and get consulted to a internist for safety measures.

Hope I answered your query.

Wish you good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor