Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Have veins on penis. Visible when flacid and erect. Sugested trauma from being circumsized. Foreskin retracted throughout. Cure?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 756 Questions
I have had veins on the tip of my penis since child hood, is there any treatment to make my penis look less scary? the veins are visible when flacid and erect, I recall getting kicked when i was about 9 years old and this may have caused it i remember purple bruising after being kicked. I'm now 30 years old. I showed a doctor when I was 22 years old, and he said that it was trauma from being circumsized, however after speaking with my parents I haven't been circumsized. I certainly dont have much of a foreskin (or a penis - is only 4" erect). The foreskin has always been retracted throughout my life.
Posted Wed, 9 Oct 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Manuel C See IV 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
You may have hemangioma or erythematous nodules.

Detailed Answer:
Good day!

I saw the picture and it may be a hemagioma of the penis or an erythematous nodule of the penis. I don't think circumcision will help you at all because the lesion is at the penile head (glans penis). I would suggest not touching it since it does not cause pain.

Possible therapies include surgical excision, electrofulguration, cryotherapy, and sclerotherapy. All these procedures are invasive and may end up having a worse appearance than what you currently have. I would suggest seeing a dermatologist or a Urologist so options will be given to you with information on possible complications, success rate and cost.

Best of Luck and Thank you. I hope i was of help.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor